Tuesday, March 3, 2009

The Snow Day

I was just as shocked as everyone else in Tuscaloosa who woke up to a little over two inches of snow Sunday morning! Ours was quite the eventful day, and it didn't even really involve the snow. It was a about 6 am, and I was showing O the snow outside, and there goes Sadie running across the front yard... She had dug out of the fence in the backyard and was running like she'd been in a 2ft cell for 20 years. Geez... so after rounding her back up, cleaning up the mud that she and Jonah tracked in the house, and feeding the girl...Michael and I were pretty tired. Olivia went back to sleep after breakfast, so I took a nap too. The weather report said that it would snow until at least Noon, so I was just going to bundle her up and take pictures then. However, when I woke up...there was no snow. I actually wondered for a split second if I was going crazy - was there ever any snow?? Yeah, there was still some on the vehicles, so I hadn't lost my mind, but there would be no snowman on Olivia's first snow day. At least not a big one...I managed to scrape together some in order to give my baby a snow man!!
Some pictures I took before the nap!

Olivia's (makeshift) snowman! With no other snow in the yard...

No comments: