Saturday, April 18, 2009

The Big Girl Bed

Well, it's not really a big girl bed...it's just her crib, but it's in her room, away from me, on the other side of the house, and she's fine. Absolutely fine. Me, however...not so much. I cried - a lot. How is it that she's not even three months old and I feel like she is already growing up out from under me? Thursday night was the first night in her room all by herself. She slept ten hours while I cried. Michael gave me an out and told me to go get her, but my first thought was about how well she was sleeping and that I shouldn't wake her. So, I didn't. I just laid there listening to her grunt and squirm while I snubbed. Friday during the day, I packed up the pack 'n' play/bassinet that was in our room, so now there is no where for her to sleep in there. That was a HUGE step for me. I put the room back in order: put my nightstand and small chest of drawers back in its place that the PNP had occupied for the last four months (we put it up before she was born not knowing how long it would take for her to get here...) and finally put the hospital suitcase back in the closet where the small chest had been stuck. Oddly enough, those sad feelings are s l o w l y being replaced with a sense of normalcy. The newness of adjusting to being family is becoming a solid idea. I'm learning. Slowly.

No comments: