Saturday, October 11, 2008

No Rest for the Weary!

As I mentioned before, this past week was Bryant's Homecoming. The week did NOT start off well. I started the week with the anxiety of knowing that I didn't plan the Junior class well. I should have scheduled more meetings, required workers, etc. I didn't. The first night of working on the class banner, me and ONE other student (out of 200+) were the only two to show up. Not even the class host was there. I was a little upset. Actually, a LOT upset. Tuesday was better. My classes (the only Junior classes) worked on the Courtyard Competition. More people showed for the banner that night. They knew I was upset. Same thing Wednesday, except there was lots of rain and the courtyard decorations were ruined. So Thursday, we started over. This description does not include all of the miscommunication about when these things were due. There were several new traditions that were started this week, so needless to say things weren't very well planned out. HOWEVER, it was announced Friday night at the game (that we lost...) that the Juniors not only won the banner competition, but the Courtyard competition also!! We were so excited!! (Did I mention that the Seniors drove a Mustang out onto the courtyard? Ugh...) Everything worked out perfectly, and I have learned MANY lessons for next year!

In the midst of all of this God is just so good. I went to the women's group Wednesday night at church where we had a Pretty in Pink party - for the breast cancer survivors of our church. I never knew that there had been so many affected by cancer in our church. I have really missed having a middle of the week refreshing. It really makes a difference in how the rest of my week plays out. I really think this had something to do with my stress level not being through the roof during this week.
Saturday we also started a new Beth Moore study. I am really looking forward to diving further into God's Word. I am afraid it has been awhile... :(

Michael's surgery is coming up in two days. There are MANY mixed emotions in our house right now for us both. Fear, anxiety, stress, joy, excitment, all rolled into one. Michael says he isn't nervous at all about the actual surgery, but the lifestyle afterwards. That is going to be a HUGE change. Just a breif overview: clear liquids for two weeks, mushy liquids for two more. No carbonation at all, and approximatly 4 oz of food per meal for a LONG time. I know this is going to be difficult for him, but I am hoping that it will actually help me curb all the wieght I have gained in the last six months. When you don't have someone to gorge with, it makes it a little harder. I hope so anyway...
We won't know the surgery time until tomorrow afternoon. The surgery itself won't take that long, but the recovery will be several hours. I am taking a good book.

Friday morning was my six month checkup appointment with Dr. Allen. Except for the time spent sitting in the waiting room, everything was great. I had to do the Glucose Screening Test. I was really worried about this, because before I lost the weight, I was borderline diabetic, so after gaining so much, I was really worried about not passing the test. But, I did! My sugar level was 119. It had to be below 135. I was so excited! Dr. Allen said that I have to come back in three weeks, and then every two after that! I had no idea that the frequency would change so soon! These months have flown by. Olivia is moving around so much. She is very visble from the outside. After the sugar test, she was bouncing around so much that I had to stop reading because I was laughing so hard! Things are good.

1 comment:

Carrie said...

First, its not your job to organize the juniors! its their president! But I am proud of you and all your hardwork. I know the kids appreciate your devotion!
What Beth Moore are you starting?

I'll be praying for Michael's surgery. I'm sure things will go well!