Thursday, October 23, 2008

So much to say...

WOW this has been a week (really two!).... I have been under so much that I am forcing myself to post this blog rather than sleep. Well, since I have to stay up for Grey's Anatomy - you know. It's my one escape a week - leave me alone.

Michael's surgery went well last week. We did stay at the hospital all day, but that was just a mere inconvenience. He was in a good deal of pain for a few days, but was able to go back to work this past Monday. He had a doctor's check up this afternoon...he has lost 17 pounds in a week! I am very proud of him. He probably could have done better...but I won't throw him under the bus here. :)

Things at school have been NUTS. Particularly yearbook. I am extremely overwhelmed by the amount of work, chaos, and drama that comes with the territory. I am all for deadlines, but not when the City Board held my contract for a month. We literally could not start doing anything but some candid pictures before late September. Candids are only an eighth of what needs to be done for this. I am afraid I will be gray-headed soon. Oh, and throw in some pregnancy hormones on top. Yeah, you know. I squalled in the middle of the foyer in front of my principal for absolutely no particular reason on Tuesday. This was after my mental breakdown on Monday to Michael and my Mom (two separate phone calls - I wasn't finished sobbing, so I called my Mom).

I can't say enough about the Beth Moore Bible study and God's unbelievable timing. First, it's on Psalm 120 - 135, the Psalms of Ascent. I'm sure that I have read a few of these before, but never in succession, and definitely not studied them. So last night, after a particularly hard day at school and being pounded by the hatred (not necessarily toward me) of students in general, God reveals Psalm 123. I didn't read Tuesday night because I was so exhausted. I think God planned it that way. He needed me to have my day Wednesday first, and then read. It worked. I just read it over and over, growing more and more amazed at how our God works. I shared it (or so I thought) with a friend at work who shares my discontent. When the message got to her, she heard Psalm 121 - which was what she needed to hear to get through the day. I can't wait for her to read 123.

Psalm 123
1 I lift up my eyes to you, to you whose throne is in heaven.
2 As the eyes of slaves look to the hand of their master, as the eyes of a maid look to the hand of her mistress, so our eyes look to the LORD our God, till he shows us his mercy.
3 Have mercy on us, O LORD, have mercy on us, for we have endured much contempt.
4 We have endured much ridicule from the proud, much contempt from the arrogant.

Beth called this contempt "disrespect". Really, God? Really? Yes. Just what I needed at the EXACT perfect time. Go figure.


Olivia is doing well and growing like a weed. I feel her all of the time. I go to the doctor this coming Wednesday, and I hope to do the 4-D ultrasound, depending on how money goes. I would LOVE to see what she looks like! (But I hate to shell out that much moola for her to be shy and put her hand in front of her face!) This time has flown by so fast, and I thank God daily for an awesome first pregnancy. Not everyone is as lucky as I was. I feel certain that paybacks will come with the next one, though. In just a few short months I will get to hold my baby girl!

2 comments:

Carrie said...

I swear he said 121. I guess that is what God wanted me to see. And 123 is special for us this week!! Isn't God good??

Heather said...

Soooo... I am searching through blogs to find someone else and I found yall's blog. I love it! Hope u are having a great week!!! See ya soon!~Heather