Sunday, October 5, 2008

Praises and Promotions

This has been a busy, busy week. After the mishaps on Monday (what a way to start the week...), we got some really good news.
On Wednesday, Michael called to tell me that he got a promotion at work. He is now the Finance Manager at Bill DeLoach. This is something that we have been praying and hoping for for some time now. With the economy the way it is, being a car salesman is not necessarily a continually stable source of income. Now, though, Michael is making a salary plus bonuses - whether he sells or not. It is such a blessing - I am so thankful for this. With a baby on the way, it's hard not to be stressed about money and the future.

From the baby front... all is well! Just hanging in there. I am 23 weeks (a little over 5 1/2 months), and she constantly reminds me she's there. Babycenter.com says that she is eleven inches and weighs a whole pound!! She throws that pound around like it's five, though! Mom and I went yesterday to get the paint for her room. We hope to get started next weekend. Also, Kirk sent us the most awesome newborn soothing center. I look forward to using this! You can even hook up your IPod to it! It's pretty sweet. (For a pretty sweet girl!)

We went out last night after the game with some friends to Dreamland BBQ. It was so good to see Tony and Melissa again. They moved away from Tuscaloosa a little over a year ago, and we haven't seen them since then. When Melissa first found out I was pregnant, Mel was so excited to think that the first words would be Roll Tide - Olivia's baby gift from them...the most precious Alabama Cheerleader outfit!! I am so excited because it will be perfect for next season! Thanks Aunt Mel! (And Tony for wanting the original Dreamland - it was delicious!)

This afternoon we went to see the movie Fireproof, from the same people who put out Facing the Giants. It was BY FAR the best movie we have seen in a long time. The acting wasn't the best, but it didn't matter because the message was phenomenal. A must see for all couples, young or old. Speaking from experience - bring tissues.

This week is Bryant's homecoming. As the Junior class sponsor, I look forward to a week of more busyness, but at least it will be fun!

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Tell the juniors to watch out for competition from the freshmen class. Yeah right!!! I am dreading this week. Not because it won't be fun because I'm not sure how Noah fits into the schedule! I'm glad you had a happy weekend :) See you in the morning!

Carrie said...

And congrats to Michael! Maybe if I'd shut up about my own issues you'd have time to tell me good news about your husband!