Sunday, April 4, 2010

The Risen Savior

When He was born, his mother knew that she would be giving Him up to a higher purpose. Really? Today my heart goes out to Mary, who knew that her son would be the sacrifice for the world. I teared up when Bitty screamed with her first shots. I couldn't imagine it being a spear in her side. However, I can't help but be so grateful for Mary and her gift to the world. Knowing that I get to spend an eternity in Heaven with my Savior all because Mary was headed to prepare the body in an already empty tomb. Hallelujah!
We had an amazing worship service. As always, the songs we sing are so timely, and we all meant for our risen Savior. My favorite is always In Christ Alone because of how it stirs the entire congregation to applause, tears, and shouts of "Hallelujah" as we sing this verse:


There in the ground His body lay,

Light of the world by darkness slain.

Then bursting forth in glorious Day,

Up from the grave he rose again!

And as He stands in victory,

Sin's curse has lost its grip on me,

For I am His and He is mine -

Bought with the precious blood of Christ.

After an amazing morning of worship, we gathered at the front of the church to have pictures made at the cross. It's an Easter tradition at Ridgecrest to prepare the wooden cross with flowers (we forgot ours), and after service, take family pictures in front of it. We couldn't get Bitty to look at the camera, much less smile, but we did the best we could!

No comments: