Sunday, September 14, 2008

Free Baby Stuff + a Pedi = an AWESOME weekend!

Saturday was my nephews' birthday parties - a combo one year old and five year old party. However, it wasn't until this party that I realized how many BOYS we have!! There was one little girl there, but she wasn't family - the rest were all boys. Yipes!! Little Olivia (or Caroline/Reagan/Kennedy/Natalie) is going to have to learn to hang on and fight back! I fear that she will be quite the tomboy. How can she not be? There is a point to this... while at Mike and Angie's, I was graciously bombarded with free baby stuff! With Calin just turning one, there was a lot to get rid of. Saturday alone I got another bag of maternity clothes, a Target bag FULL of Avent bottles, a walker, and an activity center. How lucky are we!?! Now the problem is, where in the world is it all going to go? I guess it will have to stay in my car for a while!

However, the best part of the weekend was my pedicure today. I haven't had one since prom, and there is truly nothing better - not even the TCBY afterwards. The best, best part? I got to spend the afternoon with Retta and Robyn, my BFFs that were running from Hurricane Ike. Time with them is so rare, so I treasured this afternoon. And, Michael was thankful for the alone time. He's sick of talking about baby stuff, so he was glad for me to bend someone else's ear about it.

No comments: