Monday, September 22, 2008

We have a NAME!!

This has by far been the hardest decision of my life. I thought that naming my child and delighting in who she will be would be a breeze, but seriously!! This was crazy!! We started out with 20 or so names and narrowed and narrowed until we got a top five. However, the top five were so awesome, how do you choose?? I mean, this is something that will stick with her FOREVER. We had to think about monograms, horrible nicknames, the possibility of a devastating married name (can we just say Kerri Derryberry...?). We polled friends and family, and since they all had a different opinion, they were really of no help at all. When Mom heard the possibility of Olivia, she was all on it. She called her Olivia all weekend. Then we started calling her Olivia, and things just sounded right. But then the middle name. We went round and round with Grace - my Granny's name, which I loved - Michael thought was too overdone. This is true, but at least ours would have a family connection. I thought Michele would be kind of cool, but he pooed that one away almost immediately. As a shot in the dark, I threw Michael out there, and he said that it wasn't too bad. I think the clincher for me really was my Mom's reaction. She thought it was awesome. Michael got a few of the same type reactions when he told some people, and he said last Friday that we could lock it in! I was so excited. Because we had disagreed on several different ones, I really thought this task would be a longer process than it actually was.


So there you have it: Olivia Michael Harris. Our baby girl!!!


As for the nursery, of course it will be Olivia the Piglet!!



No comments: