Friday, September 12, 2008

Where our fairy tale begins...

We found out at the end of May that we were expecting our first baby. The whole thing wasn't exactly planned - at least they weren't necessecerily our plans. God has a funny way of doing what HE sees fit. Go figure. We were going to try plan around my school year, but she's due January 29th. Oh well! Those things are working out, too.
There are so many things to be thankful for right now. Our relationship is the best it has ever been. Michael says he feels more drawn to me as I carry his child. He is so good to me, to us; I feel such a deep trust in him. I know that he will do whatever it takes to provide for us. Our bond is of God, and perfect. As far as we can tell, the baby is perfectly healthy. She wiggles regularly, and just when I think she isn't there, she gives me a gentle (or not so gentle) reminder. We have found a church home and family that loves and respects us, and that we fit into. We have made new friends there that God clearly led us to, and we are so thankful. In the realm of school, things couldn't be better. Because I am so paranoid about relinquishing control in January, God provided there, too. I literally prayed for a sub that I could trust, and this fall I met an intern who is willing to get her sub license, just to do my maternity leave.

No comments: