Saturday, July 11, 2009

Update of randomness...

So, what have I been doing with my time? It really feels like nothing, but I can't seem to get anything (like blogging) done - between Law and Order: SVU marathons (thanks USA!) and taking care of a baby, you know... So far, it has been a pretty lazy summer, and I am more than thankful for it. As you know, Michael has taken the summer off to become a full-time student, and it looks like he might continue this on into the fall as well. Things are tight, but good. I have enjoyed having him home this summer. We have had time to just be together. No demanding hours at a car lot, no persistent boss calling him at 9:oopm to check numbers, etc... Now, there has been a LOT of studying going on, but he mainly does that at school and is home by 3 or 4 in the afternoon, as opposed to the normal summer work hours of 7pm. He is doing REALLY well in school. I would venture to say better than most other students his age going back, and definitely better than the kids who are 18 or 19 years old. He retains knowledge like a sponge. However, we still don't know for sure what he is going for. A few ideas are bouncing around, but please pray for guidance in this area.
As for the Bitty (the name O has been Christened with - short for Itty Bitty Baby), everything is grand in her world. We're still on a pretty strict eat, sleep, play, poop, schedule (not necessarily in that order...). Her little personality is starting to shine. She laughs - oh, the best sound in the world! Whether it's me blowing on her belly, or her Daddy making a funny face, she just cackles!! I LOVE it!!! When she was tiny, I loved to love on her just because she was so sweet, shiny, and new, but now she's fun. She reaches out for me, recognizes my voice, and turns to me when her name is called. Her tongue is a force to be reckoned with. It is almost always outside her mouth.
Like mother, like daughter...
Bath time is MUCH better than it was earlier. I wouldn't say she "likes" it now, but she definitely tolerates it. She kicks and splashes, but her butt still scoots all around, so it's still a tinge difficult. A bath time funny (that she will definitely thank me for when she's 16): I need to stand her up to clean between her cheeks, but EVERY time I do, she clenches them so tight that dimples appear all over her little booty!! IT IS SO CUTE!! I can't help but laugh! (Ah...you're welcome, dear!)

In her hooded sheep towel!

No comments: