Friday, January 1, 2010

So long 2009...You were a GREAT year!!

Wow...what an amazing year we have had...



In January, I was able to make it through my ninth month of pregnancy without a hitch. In fact, I was due on January 29th, but was sitting that night at Open House at school because she just wasn't coming. The only reason I made my last day of work the 27th was because I was afraid my water would break in front of my classroom!



So...on Monday, February 2nd, after several :) hours of labor, we went in after her! Olivia gave us a pretty good scare by not breathing and staying in the NICU for a week. I remember this is an extremely difficult, yet joyous month. I was pretty depressed for a few weeks relating to the pregnancy and breastfeeding, etc..., but thank goodness it didn't last too long.



Sometime around the middle of March, Olivia started sleeping pretty much through the night. Thank you, LORD. We were so blessed with this. It makes me nervous to even consider another child, because surely I couldn't be blessed twice with this! It didn't help that I was the Yearbook sponsor and the final product was due March 23rd... (I'm SO glad that's over with!)



The best part of April was Spring Break! I finished up maternity leave around the first week of April, had to work a week and a half, then got to be out again for a week for Spring Break! Sweet.



Obviously May is a time to rejoice because school's out for summer, but that and our beach trip was about it. We found out around the middle of May that Michael would be losing his job at the end of the month. We weren't sure what was going to happen after this; however, God was in control, even if we weren't too sure about it.



With June, Michael enrolled for the Summer schedule at Shelton. He already had about a year's worth of classes under his belt, but he started these courses with graduation in mind. Olivia, who by now is officially "Bitty" (which started as Itty Bitty Baby, then Bitty Baby, then just Bitty), is just growing and growing. She started eating solids in June, and had a new found addiction for Baby Einstein (which she has not grown out of).

We relaxed most of July, but at the end I was having to rev myself back up for the school year. July was tough for Bitty because she was cutting her first teeth. (Now she has 6+!) I was sad because I knew that it was going to be extremely difficult for me because I had just spent all summer with her and Michael.

August brought first day of school jitters. Michael became a stay-at-home Dad. I appreciate him so much for this. We have pretty much swapped roles, and he is doing an amazing job with Bitty. I am mostly very jealous of him because of the time that he gets to spend with her, but I am so glad for her that she gets to spend all of this time with her Daddy. Most children never get this opportunity.

In September, Olivia became a crawler. Lordy she is FAST and into everything! This was great to see, but the best part of the month was Bryant winning it's first football game in years - literally breaking a 30something game losing streak. I cried, I cheered, I stormed the field like a 17 year old. It was the best night.

October was a busy month. Not many breaks at school, and we tried to go to almost every Bryant game, which dominated our Friday nights. Bitty turned 8 months old and celebrated (sort of...) her first Halloween as a Giraffe Ballerina. We only trick-or-treated two houses. :)

November was a month of thanksgiving. We had so many things to be thankful for, as you have already read! We celebrated Thanksgiving several different times, ate great food, and spent valuable time with family. Alabama won the Iron Bowl and ended the month and season with an undefeated record...setting us up for a trip to the SEC championship.

December and May are my favorite months, because school is winding down and that means I can rest up and get ready for a fresh start. We started the month celebrating with our Sunday School class and a SEC championship for our team...Roll Tide! We ended the month celebrating the birth of Christ and Bitty's first Christmas. She didn't really understand the meaning of Christmas, or opening presents, or what any of it meant, but I think she had as much fun as an 11 month old could have! :)

All in all, even with the uncertainties of jobs, school, and money, we have had an unbelievably amazing year. We have grown closer as a couple, as a family, and to our friends. We thank God for all of our blessings, and we pray that they continue into 2010. We also thank you who have supported us with prayers, words, and in other ways. We love you so much and hope that God blesses you more.

1 comment:

Katherine said...

Love the recap! Isn't it amazing when you go back through and look at EVERY amazing thing that happened in ONE year?!