Monday, February 2, 2009

Contractions

It's almost 4 am, and I have been up solid since around 2:30. My sweet nurse has been coming in every thirty minutes or so, and at around 2:30 she said that my contractions were about 1 - 5 minutes apart. We've been monitoring them since then, and they are steady coming 2 minutes apart now. They are not extremely painful, but are just uncomfortable like really bad period cramps. I was able to get several hours of good sleep thanks to an Ambien, a magic sleeping pill that seems to have worn off...I am hoping that with the steady progression of the contractions that I won't have to labor too long after they start the induction in a few hours. A girl can dream...!
(Well, it was almost 4 am, but with contractions and a not so great Internet connection, this has taken a little while...)

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Yea! ALMOST THERE!

David and Aleecia said...

I love you and am thinking about you. Can't wait for Olivia Michael to make her appearance. I'm looking forward to seeing the pictures and hearing all about it!

Love you THREE!!