Thursday, February 26, 2009

Firsts

Obviously since Olivia has only been on this planet for a few weeks, we are experiencing lots of firsts. First bath, first smile, etc... Here are a few more.

Two days ago she turned over for the first time! I'm not too sure if it was an accident or intentional; I just know that when I left the room she was on her belly, and when I returned she was on her back. Now, not to take any credit away from her mad skills, she was at an advantage the way she was positioned on the couch, and she rolled to the lower side. Nevertheless, she turned over, and that's all that matters. She hasn't done it since.


She also had a bath in her blue baby bath tub for the first time. She didn't enjoy bath time any more, but it was much easier on my back because it sits her higher up, so we will continue to use it.
Today she sat in her Bumpo seat for the first time. If you have never seen a Bumpo seat, they are pretty cool. They are made from a plasticky/styrofoamy/pool toy type material that helps babies learn to use their back and neck muscles. I don't think they are designed for babies under two months, but since she's been holding her head up since she was in the hospital, I thought we would give it a try. She liked it for the first few minutes...

No comments: