Tuesday, February 16, 2010

The Big Brother

I have a big brother, and I wish I were talking about him, right now. He's less scary and doesn't lurk outside my door or in my classes...He doesn't take notes on how bad I suck and deliver the news via broad faculty meeting generalizations. He doesn't (at least not since I was 5) set me up for failure by snatching the rug (of support) right out from under me and expecting me to continue on as if nothing has changed. Just because he is walking the halls does not mean that he is supporting us. He is not helping us; he is scaring us. We want support and assistance from our friends, not criticism and judgment from ones who don't even know our names. What do we have to do right to gain support and a shred of credibility among our fellow schools?
I just want to feel supported, backed up, and most of all, appreciated by those who are so quick to judge.

No comments: