Friday, February 12, 2010

The Snow Day

I always have mixed emotions about weather days. On the one hand, I am SO thankful for not having to be in school on a cold dreary day, but on the other, I want to save those off days for when the weather is pretty in April! Not to mention that the typical weather day isn't necessary anyway. Unlike the day in January though, this day produced actual snow! I got up around 6:30 to nothing. Not even a flurry. I was just about to post a sarcastic remark online when I looked out the door to see big, fat snowflakes! This is how it started:In just a few hours, this is what we got. But sadly, it soon died. Only an hour or so after this picture, the snow on the ground was completely melted.
And, because Bitty has been battling a cold all week long, I didn't feel right about taking her outside, especially since there wasn't much of anything to play in. We walked outside twice, and neither time was she too sure about the white stuff. So, instead, we enjoyed our rare weekday time together curled up with a good book. She randomly brings me books to read to her.


After reading almost every book we own, twice, she decided to entertain herself. In the video below, after she pulled several of the laundry pieces out, she climbed in. This is not the only time she did this tonight, it's just the only time I caught it on tape.

No comments: