Thursday, February 4, 2010

The Nap

I took the day off today to accomplish some things, the main ones being doctor's appointments for both Bitty and me. Her appointment was at 9:30, but mine wasn't until 3, and they were both in Northport. To save a trip back to Coaling, I stayed at my parents' throughout the day. By lunchtime, I was just feeling bad. I'm not really sure why, but I just had anxiety creeping in. I wasn't really sick; I just didn't feel right. My mom needed to go run some errands, and she was going to take Bitty with her, but since she hadn't had a nap all day, I could tell she was going to get cranky soon. So, when Mom left, I put Bitty down in her PackN'Play and I crawled into my parents' bed for a nap of my own. It wasn't a long nap, and I don't really think it was the nap itself that held the healing power for me. I really do think that it was being cuddled up with my Mom's pillow that did it. You know, I don't care how old you get, nothing is better than being snuggled with your Mom, even if it is just her pillow. It was one of the best naps I have ever had.
A Bitty and Mommy nap on the "Snow Day" in January...

No comments: