Wednesday, December 17, 2008

The Sleeping Arrangments

There are so many things that they don't tell you BEFORE you get pregnant. I mean, I was aware of the general: morning sickness, headaches, mood swings, etc. They don't tell you about the weird noises that you make getting up and down, the constant state of heartburn, and the trouble sleeping.

For the last few nights, I have been on the couch. Not because I was in the doghouse, but because my back and hips were hurting so bad from the bed. It was so bad Sunday afternoon that I had a hard time walking. So, Sunday night, I wanted to try something different. I asked Michael to pull the foam mattress pad off the bed and sleep with me in the floor. This didn't work. Well, not for me at least. I woke up at 3:00am, still in pain - with one dog alone in the real bed - Michael on one edge of the mattress - and the other dog on the other edge of the mattress.
Since I was still hurting, I decided to try the couch. When I woke up again at 5:00, Michael was in the bed next to Sadie, and Jonah was on the mattress pad by himself, with his head on MY pillow. Sweet.

No comments: