Monday, December 29, 2008

An answered prayer!

If you go back to one of my original posts, you will read about how proud I was that I had a sub lined up for my maternity leave. Getting this secured in September allowed me to have some peace throughout the semester. Until it all fell apart. My sub was supposed to be an intern who had been working in the history department this past semester; she got a job at Northridge in December. I went into panic mode. Many tears were shed over this. I prayed. People around me were praying, but I should have known that the place to share this was in Sunday School. I mean, we have single-handedly prayed the price of gas down (sort of... :) ). So, I had a breakdown in SS. I was attempting to have this situation put on the prayer list, but I don't think I even got the whole thing out. However, God obviously heard, because a guy in our Sunday School class said that his brother was a sub with the City schools, and didn't have anything to do next semester. Almost immediately I felt a relief wave over me. I was able to get in touch with his brother; we talked for 20 minutes or so, and all was confirmed. God is killing me with this trust thing... :)

2 comments:

Carrie said...

I won't say I told you so but only because God has been teaching me that trust me lesson over and over and over and over.... so I can identify!

Kerri said...

It's okay...you can say it. :)