Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Dilation....

or shall I say, the lack thereof, sucks. At my first weekly appointment on January 6th, I had not started to dilate at all. Only slightly disappointed, I was cool with it because I was still four weeks away from my due date. I went back on the 14th, and I had dilated a centimeter in one week!! I was super excited. This was some sign of progress and something to be excited about. I mean, nine whole months and now we're finally seeing the light!
So, I just KNEW that when I went back yesterday that I would be close to 2cms because Dr. Allen said last week that if I was we could talk about induction - which led me to believe that he believed that I would be close to 2cm. So, Michael met me at the doctor's office, and I was really excited. For nothing. We chatted awhile, Dr. Allen checked my cervix and...nothing. No change, zero, zilch, nada. What the crap?? Nothing?? No, nothing. I am disappointed. Highly disappointed. :( My next appointment is next Tuesday...

3 comments:

Andie and Derric said...

I know you are probably miserable but... it will be sooooo much better if the baby just comes on her own instead of having to be induced. Plus, it would put you at higher risk for C-Section, which you may already know.
Hang in there. It will be worth the wait. I promise. :-)

The Maxeys said...

Be strong - you can wait! I had to be induced because of high blood pressure. I had not dialated at all before I was admitted. We started on Tuesday night at 5pm - Katherine was not born until Thursday morning around 1:45am. Let your body do what it wants! Praying for you! Can't wait to see her!

Unknown said...

i cannot wait til Olivia comes i hope you're ok tommorow...... ok bye


your sister,

Zoe harris