Wednesday, January 14, 2009

The Massage

There are so many great and wonderful things that can be said about my bests in Texas, but when they got me a prenatal massage from Tera Lane Salon for Christmas, I just fell in love with them all over again.

I was very excited about the massage, but was very reluctant to dive in to it simply because I didn't know what to expect. I had never had one before, and the only time I had ever been exposed to such is through the television. My prime example: Wanda the Massage Therapist from In Living Color (I highly suggest you find this on YouTube - I did, but couldn't get the link to work on here.). So needless to say, I was slightly intimidated. Could I actually heft my very pregnant self on to the table? Would I have to be completely naked? Where would my belly go?
(<----- This is Wanda.)

When I got Tera Lane, I was really nervous, but was comforted by some friends who work there (one actually runs the salon and was extremely paranoid that I would go into labor there!) so I felt somewhat better. I met the guy who was going to do the massage, and he didn't seem like a freak or anything. He fully explained everything that he was going to do, how I was supposed to lay, and what to expect afterwards (some muscle tenderness, etc...).

The massage itself was WONDERFUL. Except for when I thought I was going to fall off the table, and having to turn over (my hips still hurt), it was absolutely amazing. I highly recommend this - pregnant or not. The majority of the massage was done while lying on my left side, some on the right, and some on my back (when he worked on my neck). There was no need for my belly to go any where - he thought it was funny when I told him my expectations. I wasn't completely naked, and what wasn't clothed was completely covered by a sheet. And, the table/bed was much lower than my own bed at home, which I do have trouble getting in and out of.


All in all it was an amazing experience, and I look forward to next Tuesday...I broke the hour massage up into 30 minute sessions. Let's just hope that I don't go into labor first... :)

1 comment:

Retta said...

Hey there sweetie! Greetings from your best in Texas. I am so glad that you like the massage. I only wish I could have been there with you to see your much needed relaxed face. I miss you so much! Keep blogging along!!!!